Monday, August 3, 2009

Hate Mail

To: yourstreetmonster@yahoo.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:16:57 PM
Subject:

WHEN GHANDI WAS ASKED WHAT HE THOUGHT OF 'WESTERN CIVILIZATION '
HE SAID 'I THINK ITS A GOOD IDEA'
IM IN HOPES WHOEVER YOU ARE WIIL GET THIS POINT TOO...AS I LIVE AND WORK DOWNTOWN HERE...ITS VERY HARD TO ADVOCATE ONE MORE PERSONS GOOD IDEA WHEN STUCK WITH NO CHOICE WHETHER IM PEELING YOUR POORLY AND INAPROPRIATE POSTED PAPERS OFF MY SHOE, LITTER OUR STREET AND PUT ON WINDOWS ALL SO HASTLEY
THAT BOTTLE EMBILICLE CORD DRAWING IS TASTELESS AND FUCKED UP...AND I DONT CONSUME LIQUER ..HOW DO OTHERS WANT TO EVEN PARTICIPATE OR CONTRIBUTE WITH SUCH AN UNCIVILIZED APROACH
DONT YOUR IDEA,S EVER INSPIRE A BETTER MEANS OF SHAREING THEM OTHER THAN JUST A BLURT SMUDGE OR SMEAR ??????


w

My response:
Dear Good Patron of Ventura,

I decided, instead of ripping you apart for your poor grammar, and sad attempt at connecting a quote from such a great person to back up your discombobulated point, I shall take the high road. You are entitled to your opinion, and I very much respect that. I love the fact that you were so moved by the humorous sketch of a fetus with an umbilical attached to an alcoholic beverage. This is what I want, whether it derives negative or positive emotions. I would also like to address your attention to the littering aspect. Prior to starting this project, this was one of my main concerns, as I live and work downtown as well. I take much pride in this city, and it is riddled enough with trash already. My way of combating this is by picking up twice the amount of trash that my little 3"x5" papers could potentially create. Without wasting much more of my time, I wanted to answer one of your questions: HOW DO OTHERS WANT TO EVEN PARTICIPATE OR CONTRIBUTE WITH SUCH AN UNCIVILIZED APROACH. As you are so passionate on your side of the spectrum, is it so hard to imagine that there are other people that feel the quite the opposite of what you feel? Please do not waste your time or my time answering that, it is a hypothetical question. Oddly enough, within 20 minutes after you sent your email, I received yet another email from a local citizen containing a personal quote and some positive words. If you have the courage to tell me where you work, I vow to never put up Your Street Monster near your premise. Thank you for your opinion.

Your Street Monster

No comments:

Post a Comment